NEW SONG: Girls Aloud - Beautiful Cause You Love Me


Couldn't wait one more second to tell you what happened on my Tuesday morning. 
Today Girls Aloud were going to premiere a new track from their second Greatest Hits collection, TEN (which I'm definitely going to review as soon as possible): Beautiful Cause You Love Me. 11.30 A.M. I'm at work with my iPhone connected to Radio 2 waiting for it. From what I read about the lyrics, this is going to be all about Nicola. 

Here we go. The DJ says the magic words and the music plays.

Soft ballad, very classic, Cheryl starts and Nicola follows to the chorus. Lyrics are close to depression: the world could call me ugly but it doesn't matter because your love makes me feel beautiful. That's the summary of the feeling behind the song. Then Sarah, then Kimberley, the song is very fluent. A classic slow and depressing ballad. I am indeed depressed. I like the song. But...

...where the f*ck is Nadine? Just some background vocals? Oh no, no way you're going to send MY Nadine in the background!

Few minutes later a friend puts a link on facebook with the official video lyrics. Let's give it a second listen. Oh wait! Was I crazy? Here she is! My Nadine is on the chorus! Oh my God, it can't be that I didn't recognize me! How fool of me! So happy to hear this! 

Happier.

I wish this story could stop NOW.

No.





Later on, the "official" video lyrics was "updated" with the version that I actually heard on Radio 2 with NO NADINE. I get upset. I get REALLY upset, so I basically started screaming inside and on facebook saying "WTF happaned to Nadine?"

Apparently, that Nadine's version was uploaded by mistake BUT *evil laugh* some angel ripped it in time and put in on the web so the world can still enjoy a good version of this song with a great leader on it.

Nicola, I love you and I know what this is your own song. I love it but there is NO WAY they can make me hear a version with Nadine and then say "Ops! It's not this, take this other one!" No WAY! I'm still listening to See The Day sung just by Nadine and not even caring about the "proper" version.

So. Let's calm down (LIE) and say that APPARENTLY, somebody decided that Nadine's great leading on Something New was too much for the reunion so they should put her back. Are you really happy about it? Because if you are, first of all you and I disagree, second to that, oh you should have checked better before uploading that version on Youtube! The damage is done. Thank God.

I'm not going to tell you (oh yes I am) about the quality difference that Nadine makes on Call The Shots when they sing it live, or on the album version of Untouchable compared to the single version (where they share vocals on the chorus) or how they tried to make her sound bad on the DVD for the Tangled Up Tour. Since I am NOT telling you this (of course) just let me say that I am hoping that some big hacker will bring us (ME and who deserve, oh my Gosh I'm really getting emotional!) AAAALL the Nadine solo versions to enjoy quietly.

Love them as a group.
Love them as a group better than their solo efforts (all of theirs).
Love them as a group with a vocal leader: Nadine.
Love them as a group with all their personalities, stronger and weaker ones.

Bring me my fav group in their complete "balance" and beauty.

Amen.




I might be taken to a psychiatric hospital after this post. In that case, come and say Hello.

-----------------

UPDATE: Oh look, this is NOT by Xenomania. ENOUGH SAID for me. Now the world makes sense again. Brian Higgins, please, forgive them. I knew it. It couldn't be your fault. I will always trust you. I love you Brian. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Saturdays American venture: What about US?

Leona Lewis - Glassheart